Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Rapunzel

I've often used my hair as a means of expression. Growing up, it was even used as a tool in the rebellion against the religion-based patriarchal oppression in my house. (That's what I'm calling it now, anyway. It just means my dad and I didn't get along very well.) I've chopped it off and dyed it different colors. I've changed it for shock value and as a way to cut ties with the past. It's funny that one can be so attached and detached to/from their hair at the same time.

I've recently thought about cutting it again. It's not that I don't like it long. In fact, I like it very much, thanks to this person:


(Seriously, if you're in the market for a haircut, she's great. And if you need anything else hair-related, she can totally hook you up.)

Anyway, because of Sarah, I really like my hair long. I do. But I don't know if it's me. I read once that woman with long hair tend to hide behind it. Their personalities adapt to being the woman behind this mane of hair. I was an introvert for a long time - I have no desire to go back there. In addition to that sentiment, it would be a good time for change this summer. Along with everything else that's going on around that time, a makeover might be a part of that process.

No comments: