Thursday, January 11, 2007

The best table at "Chez Deann"

Mike has been working late into the evening this past week, way longer than my clock-watching little self is ever required to stay. Faced with a third evening of internet-surfing while waiting for the boy, we decided not to carpool. (Oh the money-saving perks of working at the same place!) Anyhoo, 5:30 on the dot, I was out of the office and given the choice of sitting in traffic or going to Trader Joes, I decided to do a little shopping.

One of my (many) resolutions for the year has been to cook more. To prescribe to more of a "slow food" movement and actually enjoy my food. I'm still making pretty easy entrees, the kind where I can just chop up a bunch of stuff and throw them all together, but hey! it's better than that McDonald's cheeseburger and fries I was craving earlier. (Yes, I was able to resist temptation with a Cinnamon Dolce latte - non-fat, natch! - and some roasted almonds.)



I found myself relaxing during the cooking process (or was it the wine?) and really enjoying going through the artistic, culinary motions. By the time dinner was ready, I was completely at ease in my universe.

BTW... it tasted great.


No comments: