Monday, January 29, 2007

My head.. it hurts

If you've never before experienced a migraine, you will have no idea what this post is about. If you're one of those people who think it's psychological, please stop reading and kindly exit stage left. If you've never seen the spots in your peripheral vision, never felt that excruciating jack-hammer pounding that starts at your temples and resonates throughout your skull, never felt like your vision and your stomach must have a direct path to each other because since your vision is all wonky? so is your stomach... if you have never felt these things, you cannot empathize with me.

Around lunchtime I started seeing the tell-tale spots. I blinked a few times before realizing what was actually upon me... those first warning signs of a migraine. I quickly downed a few extra-strength Excedrin, to no avail. Once here, it's hard to fend off. I left early and headed home, yearning for a dark, silent room and cool sheets.

More ibuprofen and a couple hours later I feel better. Not 100%, but better.

Thanks for asking.

No comments: