Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hanging out at the WAP

I am the first to admit that I am not a wildlife photographer. I just don't have the patience to sit and wait for the little beasties to do what I want. They have minds of their own and they are only going to do what they want and when they want... and that usually doesn't coincide with my desires. A woman in my photography class loved to photograph wildlife and it showed. Among many wonderful pictures in her portfolio was this piece about bears in Alaska. She pulled a "Northern Exposure" and went to a place only accessible by tiny planes on water-skis. Then she sat and wait and waited and waited for one of them to sneeze. Or catch a fish. Whatever it is that bears do. And they were amazing. And it only reinforces that wildlife photography is not my passion because everyone who knows me knows I hate waiting.

{ahem}

That's not to say that every time I go to the Wild Animal Park, I leave my camera at home. Quite the contrary! I make sure to bring it along and take many mediocre pictures in hopes for a few like these:















And just so you don't think it was a complete bird-watching trip, a few other species made an appearance:







And definitely most wild of them all, the elusive well-behaved teenager:



Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments: