Wednesday, May 18, 2005

20 questions...

My buddy, SQ, originally sent this out as a bulletin on myspace, but I figured it was interesting, so what the heck. Takes me off the hook as far as posting for today...

1. What does your myspace quote mean? (Speeding through books like bullets through butter!)
That I have a reading "problem." I used to get in trouble for reading when I was supposed to be doing other things, like cleaning my room.
Mom: "Deann! Are you reading again?"
Deann: "Uhhh.. no?"
Mom: "Is your room clean yet? Don't make me tell your father about this! It's too quiet - I can't hear you moving around!"
Since I moved out of my parent's house, my mom isn't around to give me grief about it... but my BF daughter doesn't cut me any slack. She's nicknamed me BW - "Bookworm."

2. Elaborate on your primary photo?


The Roch


A painting by Lynden Saint Victor, whom I saw at this years art fest in Little Italy. The characters are all based on little known or made up saints. This one seems to be the patron saint of dogs. I love dogs. No, not like that.

3. Who introduced myspace to you?
My good buddy, SQ. She actually forced it on me. I was enjoying Friendster at the time. Needless to say, that went by the wayside.

4. How many friends do you have?
A few really close ones and a lot of people I can call to have a happy hour or go to a concert.

5. What's your current status?
Completely enamored... in love with my sweetheart.

6. What are you wearing right now?
Ooh La la! Black skirt with white flower-y embroidery, white peasant blouse, scads of jangly bracelets, black high heels, silver jingly hoop earrings.

7. What is life to you?
A definite adventure. For better or worse, a choose your own adventure.

8. What are you doing now?
Mostly looking forward to a concert with SQ. Slightly missing going home tonight and being domestic with the fam. (Disgusting, I know. For Dog's sake, don't tell anybody!)

9. What do you hate most?
Insincerity, a blase attitude, narrow-mindedness, being stood up, the fact that all my favorite junk foods are so heart-stoppingly calorie laden.

10. What do you love most?
The boy who makes my world go 'round... feeling creatively inspired, good music, clever conversation, getting new clothes from the clearance rack and finding that they fit perfectly.

11. What makes you happy?
Hmm.. see above. Oh, and coke with ice.

12. Are you musically inclined?
I can carry a tune well.... or so I've been told.

13. What would you do if you woke up one morning and found that the person you love most doesn't exist?
I'd be pretty upset and feel lost, although I know life would go on. Everyone has had their share of bad break-ups, so I know we have all gotten a taste of what that is like. But if it were someone other than my S/O? Like my mom (whose undying affection I take for granted on a regualr basis)? Whew! I don't even want to consider that one... Inconceivable!

14. If you could go back in time, and change something, what would it be?
I always said that I would go back to my freshman year of college and find out what would have happened if I hadn't broken up with my high school sweetheart. But, my life now is full and my heart is content. Maybe all things happen for a reason... I guess my second regret would be dropping out of school or getting into debt. It's a toss-up.

15. If you MUST be an animal for ONE day, what will you be?
A fish... I love the water.

16. Ever had a near death experience?
Yep. After three of them, the only thing they seemed to prove is that I am invincible. That or I have an extremely harried guardian angel. I mean, if you believe that kind of thing.

17. Name ONE obvious quality you have.
Let's see... Nice eyes? Too obvious? Umm... I can talk to pretty much anyone.

18. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
Somebody told me,
You had a boyfriend,
Who looked like a girlfriend,
That I had in February of last year....
haha... now it's probably stuck in your head too.

19. Are you happy today?
Yep.. but I'm usually happy.

20. Who will cut and paste this?
Don't know. I hope a few others do though... it's fun to find out new things about people who read up on you...

No comments: